Saturday, January 30, 2010

Shauna's Salsa

My friend Debbi Fritts Hendrix is not only a super photography and friend she is also an amazing cook. Today she posted to her Facebook page that she was making salsa...so naturally I ask for the recipe..and within minutes she had posted...thanks Debbi ca't wait to give it a try.


Shauna's Salsa



1 can (14.5 oz. or so) can "Red Gold" salsa tomatoes

2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped

1 red onion chopped

1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

2 tbsp. lime juice (I used fresh - 1 lime)

3 large garlic cloves. minced

1/4 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

Dash of red pepper flakes



Mix together in plastic container. Better if you make it a day ahead. Don't worry if you can't find the

Red Gold tomatoes. Any canned tomatoes will work. I used diced tomatoes.



This is from my cousin, Shauna Blackburn. She says it's absolutely delicious.


No comments:

Grandma's Jalapeno Cornbread

My mom makes the best Jalepeno cornbread in the entire world. Everytime we get together everyone in the family ask her to make a pan of it. So I wanted the entire world to see how she make it and to see what a great family I have. Be sure and listen for the laughter at the end.